PUBLIC RAFTERS have NO TIME RESTRICTIONS on when they have to be off the Truckee River, so take your time on your float. The float is approximately 5-miles long and there are plenty of places to pull over on the River and have lunch or just hang out. Most people make the float a 1/2 day event by packing a lunch and lounging along the way. If you paddle and hustle your way down the River, you can make it in under 2 hours
There are several raft-able sections of the Truckee River with anywhere from Class I to Class III and IV rapids. The top 5-mile section of the Truckee River (from Tahoe City to River Ranch) has Class I rapids (at most) - this is not a white-water rafting section. There are no guides because you don't need one!
- There are porta-potties along the River for your convenience.
- There are trash cans along the River for your garbage.
- There is a bike path that runs along the river next to Highway 89, so if you run into problems you are never far from help.
- If you don't float all the way to River Ranch just flag down a Truckee River Taxi BIG BLUE van to get a ride.
- You will see the docks and the River Ranch at the end of the 5-miles - impossible to miss!
Tubing this section of the Truckee River is a leisurely and relaxing with beautiful scenery along the way. Great for families, friends, reunions, co-workers, bachelor / bachelorette parties, or just a great way to spend a summer day in Tahoe.